1. Brody James Mikkelson was born on April 17. All 8 lbs. 10 oz. of him. I love him and can't imagine life without him now.
2. Before Brody was born, Eric, Delaney and I were able to DRIVE (ahhhh) as a family to Colorado with my mom and dad to see family and watch the premiere of my mom's movie, The Velveteen Rabbit. Lots of firsts and lots of fun.
3. We moved. Of course this was not in our plan at all, it is something that just happened and we are in a much better place now- 5 minutes from my parents:)
4.Eric and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary, Kaylie turned 14, Daylen turned 11, Delaney turned 2, Eric turned ummm.... a lot more that:) Plus, Brody got to experience his first Thanksgiving and Christmas!
5. My sister got engaged!
6. I found out that I love baking cakes! Who knew?!
7. My good friend, Ami at The Best Things in Life are Three, FINALLY got her wish of having a family when her triplets were born in March.
8. My mom's book, The Silent Gift, was released in October. It is amazing. (BTW I will be doing an interview with Michael Landon Jr. and my mom along with a giveaway next week).
Okay, so there were some really wonderful things and some good things that happened, but like I said, fresh start. I know that really it is just a Friday and the year has to change, but I feel like it's just what I need to make a fresh start. It's so funny to me how different New Year's Eve is from year to year. Eric and I were remembering a HUGE party that we had when I lived with Mary. It was so fun and there were so many people! That was 5 years ago. Tonight, we thought back to that night as we were ginving our two little ones a bath and telling each other it's ok to celebrate New Years with New York at 10:00 instead of having to stay up til midnight. It's so weird how different things are now!
Alright, onto my new start! I have been thinking a lot about my resloutions and I think that I have a pretty good list:
- I will stop drinking soda daily. (I will try to have one-big one- a week)
- I will try and work out on a regular basis- I must get back to pre-baby wieght
- I will come up with a day-to-day routine that includes laundry dammit!
- I will try to remember at least once a day to "take a mental picture" of my life.
- I will start an at home business (details to follow)
- I will potty train my little girl.
- So help me, we will go on a family vacation
- I will make sure to tell my family that I love them daily.
Happy New Year!