Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mason Jar Salads!

I love organizing. I love finding new ways to make life easier and more efficient for everyone! In addition to organizing, I am on a new mission to be a more of a serving wife. I know, I know, I know....what is she talking about? Not the Nicole I know. Well, peeps, I have been on some kind of transformation lately, but that's for another post:) This post is about Eric...and salad. Eric gets up at 3:30am everyday to go to work. He works an hour away, with no air conditioning in his truck. When it's 110* outside and raining, the man is a puddle when he gets home. To make his mornings a bit easier, I decided to make some salads ahead of time for him. He does not buy his lunch- we would go broke! After searching Pinterest, I found the mason jar salad and I knew it was the answer.


{I am not sure why this is here and I can't seem to find the code to get it off....so why don't cha just subscribe?:)}
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
I went to Wal Mart and got a case of the wide mouth Kerr mason jars (I don't remember what size, but they are pretty big). Wide mouth is important if you want to eat right out of the jars. Then, you just get all the fixings you like for your salads.

I like to cut up all the veggies and chicken (or whatever you use) and put them in individual bowls, like an assembly line, plus then I feel like Rachael Ray:) The rule with mason jar salads is- don't let the dressing and the lettuce touch.




Here is the way I do it:

1. Dressing on the bottom

2. Carrot shreds

3. Chicken (if you are doing a chicken Caesar or something)

4. Veggies (we usually do zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers)

5. Lettuce (because I am lazy, I usually buy the big tub of organic lettuce from Costco)

Then simply put the lid on and put in the fridge. When it's time to eat, just shake up the jar and enjoy!

**Little tip**
Did you know that if you put lettuce in mason jars (just the plain stuff) if will last so much longer!

There are tons of different recipes for mason jar salads on Pinterest!


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow A New Normal on Facebook



5 comments:

  1. I saw this on Pinterest, but thought maybe the salad would get soggy, thanks for posting this. Definitely going to do this now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is so convenient and yummy! Thanks so much for commenting! I seriously love your blog!

      Delete
  3. Gosh what a great idea! I love it! That would be great for a day at the beach. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting!! Yes, these would be amazing for a day at the beach!

      Delete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?