Tuesday, October 16, 2012

FRIENDS lives on.....

So I have these friends. These friends that have been my friends for a long time. They are awesome. We have a blast together and recently my little sister joined our crew, which is super duper. When they are on break (teachers in a year round district) we always get together and do something fun...usually with kids. On one of our mega play dates, we discussed getting together and watching FRIENDS episodes (we miss the show mucho). I had an idea of a FRIENDS themed dinner party, they all said go for it, so we nailed down a date and I got started with the planning.

For dinner, we had Monica's lasagna (although looking back, pizza would have been way faster....ya know, pizza for Joey), garlic bread and salad. For dessert, we had cookies (The One With Phoebes Cookies), mini trifles (The One Where Ross Got High) and cheesecake (The One With All The Cheesecakes).

 
 
 

For drinks, we had margaritas (the One Where Ross is Fine), wine and beer.

 

 

For decorations, I made a coffee filter garland, I used the DVDs from my super cool collectible series box, and used little pieces from my Scene It, Friends Edition game (don't judge).

 

In addition, I made each Friend a mug with their name on it. So easy to do! Just get a dollar store mug, write on it with Sharpie and then bake it at 350* for 25 minutes and it becomes permanent!

 

I made cards for a game, but we never got to that...you'll see why in a minute.

About three days before, I found this picture on Pinterest, tagged my friends and said, "lets do this". Theyall agreed and then my little message thing came up and it was Ami, asking if we were going to wear our wedding dresses at our FRIENDS party.

At first, I thought she was joking, but then quickly realized how fun this would be..... Just like The One With All The Wedding Dresses. So we agreed. My sis and I went to our parents house to pick up the dresses and cautiously tried them on in the privacy of our own homes. I mean come on, I've had two kids....who knew if the dress was going to zip up? But, it did.....mostly. Eric came home and helped me finish zipping it the last inch or so....and it zipped. It zipped! And then, I exhaled and it unzipped about two inches, but I don't care...I was on, you couldn't see the majority of my butt, so I was good.

So there we were, in Anabelle's living room, all looking at our wedding dresses and laughing about what was about to go down. And go down it did....

Before I go any further, I want to point out that this is NOT Anabelle's wedding dress....she had hers all beautifully preserved and did not want to open it (imagine that). So she found one at Savers. She wanted to make sure you all knew that her wedding dress did not make her look like an electric eel (the polyester was quite bright). Okay, moving on......

 

 

Walking out of the bathroom, into the living room and seeing all of us say standing there in our dresses was hysterical. We decided to try out the jumping picture which was by far the funniest thing I have been a part of in forever! Turns out, I am not such a great jumper and every time I would jump, my zipper would come down a bit more. Plus the laughing made the zipper come down because it would be right when we were all quiet and then we'd hear zziiippp and yes, we all giggled like school girls because it sounded like I was farting.


I can't handle this picture. It is too funny. My sister (on the far right) is so funny!

See how Anabelle glows??

After our jumping pictures, we decided that maybe it was time to watch some FRIENDS. So yes, in our dresses, we sat on the couch with our beverages and watched TV.


I'm sorry, but I have some cool friends..... It was so fun!

 

Thanks Ami, for taking all the pictures! Love ya long time!

 

16 comments:

  1. So. Much. Fun. And yes, the jumping was easily the most hilarious event I've been a part of in a VEEEERRRRY long time. We are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy we are friends! I am grateful for all of you!

      Delete
  2. sooooo much fun nicole!!! thanks again for planning! i am already mentally planning our next friends night :) i'm thinking joey's pizza for sure and maybe some birthday flan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pizza! And maybe no flan;) it was fun....thanks for coming!

      Delete
  3. That is the awesomest post! What fun!
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like tons of fun! and i'm SO glad that wasn't anabelle's dress, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It was so funny!! Her dress was crazy!

      Delete
  5. How fun!! Looks like you have an amazing group of friends :) This should definitely happen yearly or every 6 months ;) Wedding dresses and all!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have great friends! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. You did good Nicole! And I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time...especially at Anabelle's non-wedding dress : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! I'm so excited we are such awesome friends!

      Delete
  7. This is amazing! What a great group of FRIENDS you all are... I'm not gonna Lie I'm a little jealous of your FAB girls night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh...thanks for commenting!! They are an amazing group of girls:)

      Delete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?