Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pity? Hold that thought.

I had post-its all ready for tonight and the stupid server is rejecting them. WTH? Ugh so now I am forced to come up with something on the fly.  And now I can't upload ANY pictures, so this is going to be boring!

Brody is now 19 months old has totally started his terrible twos. Holy crap it's a pain int he butt. He is seriously out of control. I took him to the doctor this morning to see why his seal barking cough won't go away and there were 2 brand new moms in there. There beautiful newborns were sleeping peacefully in their car seats and the mom's looked tired, but blissfully unaware of the chaos that lies ahead. At one point they were watching Brody climb up onto the top of the chair, stand up and say, "Yay" at the top of his lungs and then jump into my arms. Then he got mad because I wouldn't let him carry the bag of pretzels around the lobby, so he threw his cup at the toy thing that was in there. These moms were both looking at me with both fear and sorrow in their eyes. I know their initial thought was "OMG my kid will never behave like that (and maybe she won't, but that's probably not so true)" and then the thought went to something like this, "That sucks, she can't even control a 19 month old, I feel so bad for her."

To which I say, "JUST WAIT". I walked into the room with the nurse with Brody stomping behind me yelling "no" and I smiled because I knew that I was in the middle of the terrible twos and horrible threes- and they hadn't even started them.


*Disclaimer: If you have a child that is younger than 19 months or so, I am sure that your child will be a perfect angel and won't go through this.

PS If you believe that, then I have some ocean front property in Arizona for ya and just remember this, when the time comes, you will get through it, and have super fun blog stories.

2 comments:

  1. SO TRUE!! And you're right...it's our kids "Mis"behaviors that really do make the best stories right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time commenter on your blog! Your kids are precious!

    Cannot agree with you more about the terrible twos! GEEZ! And the looks and/or thoughts of the mothers/fathers with those babies sitting/sleeping nicely and snug in their carseats, not going anywhere!!!! But I"m sure I was that mom. I have a two-year-old and a one-year-old. And everytime we go somewhere .. it's a show and a test of my patience!

    ReplyDelete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?