Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Misc.

Today is a very exciting day! Both Delaney and Brody had their first day of Vacation Bible School at our church. I am so excited for them! Brody looked a little apprehensive, but went right in. Delaney literally skips the entire way in. They are there for 3 hours. Three hours doesn't sound like too long, but man, I can get a lot done in those three hours when I am by myself! I went to Costco, Trader Joe's, Target and Pay less. Plus I was able to go home and unload the groceries before I went to get them! When I picked them up, they were both super happy and loved talking over each other to tell me about their day. I am so grateful for our church and the amazing children's ministry!


My mom is in Denver right now because sadly, one of my uncles passed away. I am so sad that we could not be there with everyone. I decided to make a little something for my grandma and grandpa. I painted the kids hands and just used regular old construction paper. After they dried, I cut them out, and ran them through the laminator. The original plan was to have a set of hands from each kid for each person, but my laminator decided to eat two hands and I was forced to compromise. I measured each child's "wing span" with yarn and then hole punched the hands and tied them on. And there you have it- a HUG. I hope this cheers them up a little bit.... Love you guys....



As far as this week's menu...we are still cleaning out our fridge, pantry and freezers but I went to Trader Joe's to get some random things like creamer, yogurt, and fruit. We are getting pretty creative with the food that we have left!

Monday:  Lemon Chicken with Snow Peas and Peppers, Brown rice
Tuesday: Eggplant Parmesan (will have the recipe posted later this week)
Wednesday: (carb free day) Grilled chicken and salad
Thursday: (carb free day) Chicken (again) and salad
Friday: Goulash  and salad
Saturday: Out for Eric's bday!!

Lemon Chicken with Snow Peas and Peppers:

*1 lb boneless skinless, chicken breasts, cut into strips
*1 cup snow peas, trimmed
*1 cup orange pepper strips
*1 tub Philadelphia Savory Lemon and Herb Cooking Creme
*2 tbsp. milk
*2 cups hot cooked rice

Cook chicken in large nonstick skillet on medium to high heat for 5 min, stirring frequently.
Add veggies, cook and stir 3-5 min or until chicken is done and veggies are crisp and tender. Add cooking creme and milk; stir 2 min or until heated through. 
Serve over rice.

Check back this week for more recipes! 




***If you have ever thought about working from home, tomorrow night there is a webinar at 9:00 pm CENTRAL TIME that will load you with amazing information. We are currently looking for people who want to work from home, love helping people, and are motivated!! Be a part of an amazing team! If you want more info, check out my Join My Team tab at the top. Be sure to register for the webinar (top right, a lady staring into the sky, click on her, register- that easy:)***

Join A New Normal on Facebook today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?