On Saturday night I went to Target on my way to meet one of my best friends, Laura, at Chuy's for a MUCH needed margarita. It was night time and cold (cold for Tucson:). I had to go for formula-Brody only likes the Target brand stuff-ans goes through a freaking can every four days (3 1/2 more months til milk!). As I was pulling into the parking lot I noticed how empty it was-a pleasant change from the week prior. I parked and as I was walking in, I noticed WHERE I parked. I had parked by the cart return area. There were plenty of closer spots. I stopped and thought about that for a minute. Here it is, dark, cold, I am by myself, but yet that's where I park. It is so strange how habits change after you have kids. I ALWAYS park next to a cart return when I have the kids. It just makes sense. Forget the closest or the ones in the shade, I want the cart. As I was walking through Target, I thought about other things that have changed.
1. I used to take the LONGEST showers. I loved taking showers. Now, given the opportunity to shower sans kids, I feel like I am in there forever, but really it may be like 10 minutes!
2. I used to allow myself like an hour and a half to get ready to go places. What the hell did I used to do? Now, I can shower, put on make-up, blow dry my hair and get dressed in 35 minutes.
3. When I used to meet my friends out- I DID NOT where my glasses, maternity shirt, dirty jeans, and my hair in a pony tail. Guess what I wore to Chuy's?
4. I have become AWESOME at understanding 'Delaney talk'. She is talking much more now and I can understand most of it. She does have a few words that are NOTHING like the real word.
Trampoline: "1, 2, 1, 2" (this is b/c my mom would say that as she jumped on the little one)
Coming: "A pie yay!
Thomas (as in tank engine): "pommy"
As you can see, she needs translating on occasion.
5. I used to have a lot of friends.I used to do stuff. Now not-so-much. I have turned into a hermit- and I didn't really notice.
6. My house used to be clean. I mean SUPER CLEAN! Now, again, not-so-much. I don't have time to clean it and if I do then it is messed up right away.
7. I can sing the theme songs to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Special Agent Oso, Handy Manny and Dora
8. I am the only one who can pack the diaper bag. Eric, bless his heart, tries. He will get stuff together, I will re-do it. It's a silly thing, but it is piece of mind:)
9. I can barley make it to 9:00 now. PATHETIC.
10. I multi-task like crazy. I can make a bottle, while holding Brody, while dinner is cooking, laundry is laundering (ok so the same load for the 5th time), while talking on the phone....etc. I knew I would have to juggle things, but man, it's out of control!
Anyway, not an exciting post, but it just caught my attention the other night. This is my life now, I love my kids and my new normal.