Monday, November 15, 2010

Linus in the making




I love my little monkey man. Brody is a solid, tender-hearted, cuddly little boy. He will climb up onto your lap and cozy up against your chest and hang out for awhile. When he wakes up in the middle of the night (yes, he still wakes up once- ugh) he will get as close as he can to you while you are rocking him back to sleep. He is obsessed with cars, balls, Caillou, Buzz Lightyear and his blankie.



He has two... one was intended to stay in his crib while he carried the other one around or to take in the car with him. Well, when he wakes up, he stands up in his crib, waves and says, "Hi" and then promptly hands you one blanket, and then the other. If you try to be sneaky and put the one back, he will go back into his room and pull it out through the bars. He loves his blankies. He will put them on the floor and lie down on them. He cuddles with them all the time. I know that in the future, if this obsession doesn't lessen, than this may be a problem. I mean, come on, how would it look for a middle linebacker for the Bears to carry a blankie still. But as of right now, while he is still my monkey, my bubba, my squishy little man, I think it is adorable and I know one day, I will keep part of his blanket and look back and cry- like I do every time I freaking watch Toy Story 3 and Andy remembers all the good times with Woody and Buzz (tear).



Always has one on each shoulder....


2 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!! My son has a monkey blanket that he takes around with him. I tried to get him to leave it in his crib all the time, but it just doesn't happen. I've come to terms with the fact that it will end, or it may not. I have a friend who at 25 still sleeps with her blanky every night (at least what's left of it). But I think that no matter what, they won't bring it to school, or the grocery store or prom, so I just let him have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog the other day and have enjoyed reading it! Half because I believe our kids are around the same age and the other half-- you are Bears fans! My husband has been a fan since 1985. No we don't live in Chicago- we live in the Bay Area in CA. :)

    I love this post. My girls carry their lovies around everywhere. Stinky, they don't care. They LOVE them. If they are forgotten, we have to go back and get them. I think they grow out of them.. and like the above poster said, they won't take them to prom so all of us mommies are safe!

    ReplyDelete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?