Sunday, November 7, 2010

Right now

It's funny how things change and how they stay the same. Tonight as I look around my house, I see nothing but clutter, dust, dirt and chaos. A year ago.... the same mess existed, although I think maybe it was slightly less because Brody was unable to do his famous dumping of every toy imaginable. One year ago, Brody was super sick (right now he has a sinus infection) and Delaney was fighting a nasty cold as well (ditto today). A year ago, my little man wasn't walking or talking and my little girl was certainly not the chatter box that she is today. One year ago I had no job, now I work at Canyon Fitness and I sell Premier Jewelry. One year ago I had a completely different picture in my head of what this year would look like. Needless to say, this is not what I had pictured. BUT..... this past week my stress has come to a head (I  hope) and the night I had had enough I went to bed early. Every night I read from a devotional and hope to gain some wisdom or insight. That night here was the scripture:

God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart,but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

This was reassuring to me. God is in control. He is the One who knows what lies ahead. I need to stop picturing what my life will look like and start looking at the way it is NOW.

So, my life right now is messy, chaotic, fun, loud, exhausting, hilarious and so much more. I love that Delaney sleeps in her 'dancin shoes' and that Brody looks down and watches as he pees on the floor. My life is the way it should be right now. 


My life.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?