Sunday, March 20, 2011

That's what I love about Sundays...

Sundays are pretty much my favorite day of the week. I love going to church as a family. Delaney and Brody can hardly wait to get in the door of their class. Delaney walks in and says, "Hello everybody! It's me! Delaney Grace Mikkelson! What are you guys doing?" Usually one of the wonderful volunteers at Pantano Christian Church, has some play-doh all prepared for little miss social. Last week I reminded her that I needed to put her name tag on her and she said, "No Mommy, that's okay, just let the church lady do it. You just go to the weddin' church (that's what she calls the big church)". She has no separation issues. Brody is just as eager to get in his class. Eric take him and says that he stands at the door and bangs on it til he gets in!
After church, I get Delaney, Eric gets Brody and we meet in the courtyard where we usually see Nana and Granddaddy. We either eat breakfast there or we go home and have a big breakfast there....

After church every week, the kids walk up the stairs with Nana and Granddaddy and wave at us from the top floor, then they come down on the elevator.... what can I say?? Delaney is a little OCD.


Last Sunday we went to my parent's house to eat breakfast.


Delaney having a cinnamon roll


My big boy.


Granddaddy and the kids playing ball


They love riding around in the wagon.

After breakfast, we went home, the kids took a nap and then we went looking for flowers to plant!

Today, we didn't go to church because Brody has an awful cough (which we think is allergies) and we didn't want to freak out the church staff, so we skipped it. Instead, we went to the zoo! This was the first time we didn't bring the stroller or the wagon. We let the kids just walk and they were awesome!


Brody at the entrance... yes I am aware he only has one shoe on. Thank goodness we found it right away. Damn crocs.


Delaney chillin'


Brody was so excited to see everything!


Brody and Eric checking out the elephants.


Sigh.....


They look so old!


Eric and Delaney sharing some Dippin Dots.


Can you tell she thinks he hung the moon:)



There they are. My 3 year old and my almost 2 year old, just walking through the zoo.

We got home today and the kids went right to sleep and now we are heading over to my parents to visit with MY grandparents and have dinner.
I love Sundays.


3 comments:

  1. I hear ya about the crocs! Jaxon flings them off everywhere and I have random people chasing me down at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sunday's too! By far my favorite day of the week...of course it helps that we usually get to see the kiddos! :)
    xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love when you get to spend the day with the family no matter what you may or may not be doing: )

    ReplyDelete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?