Sunday, November 20, 2011

"AIS"

Okay so I am not totally giving up on NaBloPoMo, although the idea of 30 posts in 30 days kinda went out the window. Life happens, ya know? I am exhausted. This weekend went by in a blink of an eye.  Friday night I got to visit my friend, Anabelle, in the hospital with Ami, Mary and Brinley! Anabelle's water had broken (she was due Jan. 8th so this was a huge shock) and we went to hang out with her and encourage her to cook that baby a bit longer. Well, Saturday, that precious little girl decided she wanted to be born in 2011 and made her grand debut. Unfortunately, I have not been able to hold her or give Anabelle hugs yet and I am bumming, Saturday was entirely spent on baking a wedding cake (more on that later).

Today, we went to church and to a family party, which was fun! However, this morning as we were leaving for church, I was hurrying the kids out the door and Delaney asked, " Are we late again?" I realized at that moment that we are always rushing to get somewhere. What a shame that is. And why is that? We know we need to leave at a certain time, we usually know how long it's going to take to get there, but we are always late. It drives me crazy. I have always been the one who is stupid early. We're talking, the first one there. Always. Now, we are always the last one to show up.

I really don't like that that's the example we are setting for the kids. Plus, we are always yelling at them to hurry and buckle, or get in the car. It's stressful and it's not their fault. It's ours. So a new mission of mine is to make it WAY less stressful to leave the house. Yes, I know that means organization is the key to that (which secretly makes me  giddy inside, if I can pull it off). I now that we just need to b e organized and Eric and I need to be on the same page on the estimated time of departure. I think "AIS" (ass in seat)" may be our new motto. Did you see that Raymond episode? No, here's a clip:



I am thinking this may be it for Eric, not me- I wait on him. But that's okay, he is worth the wait. But for real, I don't want my kids to think the norm is rushing and freaking out when we leave the house. My goal this week is to make an effort to be organized in advance for our departures.

1 comment:

  1. It is just so hard to get out of the house with 2 kids. They have their own agenda. Everyone with kids understands being late.

    ReplyDelete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?