Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mission Statement

It's strange. I never really thought that I would change. I thought I could change, but didn't really care to. Then one day, after complaining about something, yet again, I realized that maybe I am not happy. Don't get me wrong, I am happy in my marriage, I love Eric to pieces. I love being a mom- my kids are everything to me. I love my family and my friends, but something just wasn't right. One day, I saw this:





And it hit me- I am not a tree. I am a person who can fix "this", whatever that may be. Eric and I have been taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and I just love him. He is a crack up. One day he was talking about being broke and that if he wanted to be rich, he needed to do what rich people do. You wanna be broke, you do what broke people do. So he started reading and researching all kinds of information on rich people. He interviewed rich people, he read the books they were reading. For some reason- that resonated in me. I decided to start reading some of the books that he recommended- The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People is one of them. Then I felt like I was being pulled in a different direction. I have been struggling with keeping my house clean, staying on top of all the "chores" that are to be done and I was getting super frustrated. I found a book on my kindle that I started reading and then my mom actually recommended the same book (coincidence?) Anyway, the very first thing that both books talk about doing is establishing the 'why' and then creating a mission statement.

I figured out 'why' I wanted to have a clean and organized household and went from there...
 So without further ado- here is my new mission statement. Each day I will read this and try to live up to it with integrity. I plan on printing it onto cute paper and framing it- maybe two of them- one in the bedroom and one downstairs. I broke it up into categories to help me organize my thoughts.

Nicole's Mission Statement:

God:
I will honor and praise God daily, in everything I do. I will trust in His plan. I will pray for him to remind me to keep my eyes, ears and heart open to all the opporutnities He has put in my path. I will our children the ways of the Lord and pray with them. I will remember to thank Him for the blessings we have everyday.

"In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." Psalm 5:3


Eric:
I will serve, encourage, honor, respect and love Eric. He is my husband, the provider of our family and deserves a clean house to come home to. I will provide warm meals, clean clothes and lots of love each day. I strive to make our home a place that he is excited to come home to. I will tell him I love him everyday.

"A wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands." Proverbs 14:1
"She does him good and not evil all the days of his life." Proverbs 31:12



Kids:
I will work very hard at being a patient, thoughtful mom. I will make a deliberate effort to watch them play everyday. I will discipline them in a fair, but firm way. I will tell them I love them, kiss them often and tuck them in at night. I will cuddle with them when they are sick or cold or just ask me too. I will teach them about Jesus and His loving heart. I will laugh, play, wrestle, sing and whatever they ask of me. I will strive to be a good example for my kids.

"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6



Home:
I will work diligently at making our house clean and organized. NOT PERFECT. I will make our home inviting and comfortable so that anyone who comes in the door will feel welcome. God gave me this job to maintain our house and I will take pride in it.

"She looks will to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.: Proverbs 31:27

"Hospitality is the message you give a person about their value." Phyllis Stanley


Friends: 
I will make more of an effort to be a friend. I will listen more than I talk, I will be the friend that I would want to have. I will be more intentional about my relationships

"How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'." Martin Luther



Personal:
I will stop trying to be perfect- I never will reach that. I will continue to seek God and learn all I can about where my life seems to be going. I will be the wife, mom, step-mom, daughter, sister, friend etc. that God wants me to be.

"When you aim for perfection, you discover it's a moving target." George Fisher



So anyway, that's my mission statement. Now that's finished, I can move on to the next steps.... should be interesting:) Can't wait to see where this adventure is taking me!






1 comment:

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?