Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Brody's Bday (Part dos)

Brody's actual birthday was on a Tuesday. I decided to take the kiddos to the zoo. We were totally excited to see the new elephant exhibit. I mean, come on, who doesn't love a baby elephant? The zoo was a zoo. Field tripapalooza to be exact. We made our way to the elephants and watched them for like a whole 2 minutes. That's a long time people. We went to spank the elephant booty which I believe the older volunteer man enjoyed way more than the kids.

Checking out the elephants.
The elephant family!
Seriously, how cute is the baby??
Smacking the booty- really, check out the man....
Birthday Brody man!

And then we did something we've never done before. We ate in the little cafe. It was a special day, so they they each got a special dinosaur drink, which they both thought was disgusting, and they got to eat their Dippin' Dots before their chicken and fries (truth be told, I ate the chicken, they just ate fries). And if that were not exciting enough, I took them into the gift shop. First timers, folks. I do feel pretty good about the fact that I have a 4 yr old and a 3 yr old and that was their first time in there. I gave them a spending limit and they quickly found out how much $10 each would buy them. Brody picked a bag of marbles and an alligator grabber thing. Delaney chose a cute little stuff leopard. As we left the zoo, I couldn't tell my new three year old no to the train. So we loaded up, yelled our "All aboard" and went on our little tour of the smelly, slimy pond with the scary ducks that I just know are plotting an attack on the train, the one day we ride. But, the duck attack didn't happen and Brody was all smiles as we headed home.
Brody had had a little too much ice cream- totally ice cream wasted!
But still wanting more
Happy man



LOVE

That evening, we went over to my parents for dinner and a special surprise. We decided to get a small jumping castle for that night- we I thought it would be less stressful to have it with just the two kids, rather than a party full. I was right. This was so fun! We all got in on the action.
Mimi and Granddaddy (er....I mean P-Paw) with the three great-grand kids
Delaney asking P-Paw if she can hold Baby Griffin
Love this one...
Ahh...happy girl. This is right before he started crying and she asked Brody to get a po (pacifier) cuz Griffin is totally freaking out.
Jumping time!
Granddaddy's in!!!
Next year Griffin will be in on the action!
Brody watching Eric do the "steamroller" through the jumping castle knocking anyone over in his path- Brody was a little hesitant, for like a second.
Nana's in!
Mimi's in!!
Trying to get a picture of all four, while sitting still in a jumping castle was like trying to keep me from eating cake batter.
Granddaddy's back in. Brody had decided that running full speed, head first into the corners would be fun. He did it a few times, before he realized, not so fun. My dad was a little concerned, between the laughing:)
Uncle Joe's in!!

I thought it would be fun to get a family picture in there- here we go.....
Attempt #1
Attempt #2
Attempt #3

 We had some presents and some cake

At the end of the night, Eric and I gave Brody the present from us.... I wish I could have gotten his reaction on camera. He was so excited. He has been wanting a bike like Delaney's for awhile now and now he got one:)

I hate that I forget to change the setting on my camera. UUgh.

So now I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old and a super happy, exhausting life.

3 comments:

  1. I love Attempt #2 of the family picture, even though it's really an Eric & Nicole picture.

    The family only jumping castle was a great idea and tons of fun.

    Happy birthday, Brody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the jumping castle needs to be an annual birthday event....so much fun. your little man is getting bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want in on the jumping castle!!

    ReplyDelete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?