Obviously I have mentioned a few times that I recently became a Shaklee distributor. I did this for many reasons. One: I really wanted a work from home job that I am passionate about. Two: I LOVE the products. I have started to "Shaklee-ize" my house. I want Shaklee to be everywhere. It's my new mission. I started in the kitchen and holy guacamole did I overhaul it!
This is my cabinet under the sink. NASTY. Lots of cleaning products....lots of toxins. I am over it. Now don't stop reading cuz you think I am gonna go all Debbie Downer on you with all kinds of depressing facts because when you keep reading, you will want to evaluate the toxins in YOUR house and then you will want to be on the "Toxic free bandwagon" too!!
So here we go:
Fact: 90% of all poison exposures occur at home.
Fact: 218,316 reported poison exposures in 2005 were from household cleaning products.
Fact: Some 20 million Americans have asthma.
Fact: Common household cleaners and appliances give off fumes that can potentially increase the risk of children developing asthma.
Fact: The average U.S. household generates more that 20 pounds of hazardous waste each year.
Those facts are CRAZY!
Here are some ingredients in the products that have severely harmful effects:
Chlorine bleach: the chemical most frequently involved in household poisonings in the US
Degreasers: may contain petroleum distillates, which can damage lung tissue and dissolve fatty tissue around nerve cells.
Glass cleaners: may contain ammonia. Ammonia fumes can irritate the skin, eyes, and respiratory system
Oven cleaners: can be among the most dangerous cleaning products and can cause severe damage to eyes, skin, mouth and throat.
Butyl cellosolve: can cause irritation and tissue damage from inhalation
A person who spends 15 minutes cleaning scale off shower walls could inhale three times the acute exposure limit.
May be found in:
Toilet bowl cleaners
Tub and tile cleaners
Are ya totally freaked? I was. Here's the deal, if you really care about this (and I think ya should) check this website out:
and find out what you have in your home. Just type in the chemicals and see which brands contain them. Then, look up the toxicity of the chemicals or whatever info you can get.
Then, go to my website, and purchase these NON-TOXIC cleaners.
You should be safe in your own home. You want your kids to be safe- no matter what. So, here is what my kitchen cabinet looks like now:
Yay! It's all hearts and stars now when I open the cupboard!
This is all I need.
My all-purpose cleaner, window cleaner, and degreaser
(plus the cleaning cloths)
All three are made from Basic H
(aren't they cute?)
The green one is use for wiping down the counters or dusting.
The blue one is for windows and mirrors- NO STREAKS!
My dishwasher stuff, Basic H wipes and Scour Off
These are awesome! I use them to dust all my furniture, wipe down the counters or fridge. They have SO MANY uses and are much safer than products like Clorox or Lysol wipes
The back label
That cute little bitty cup is ALL you need.
No nasty film on the dishes and it does an amazing job!
Scour-off! This stuff smells like cherries and does the tough jobs like hard water spots, the tub, the oven! It's a miracle product!
With the Get Clean line, the ingredients that are NOT in the products are:
Volatile organic compounds (VOC's)
This is the Get Clean starter kit- AMAZING. two things I would add are the Scour Off and the Basic H wipes. This line is amazing. It is super concentrated so it makes a lot of product! If you only made window cleaner from the Basic H, it would make over 5,000 bottles of Windex. Hello people!! The bottle of Basic H is $10!! I'm telling ya- just a smart move. I would love to answer any questions you may have- I am super passionate about 'clean cleaning' and I want to help your house too!
This is why I do this business:
To keep their world safe. Isn't that our job?
Have super day!