Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Why Work From Home?

If someone told me when I was 18 years old that I would be a stay at home mom who has a home based business, I would have spit my soda out in their face laughing. When I decided that I actually wanted to have kids, I knew that I wanted to be a working mom. I was a teacher.... a kindergarten teacher. I loved my job. I worked with some of my absolute best friends one of which was even my roommate.
Mary, Me, Anabelle, Ami (missing Sarah) the day my life changed

And then I got married and three months later was preggers with Delaney. She was born in October and I had the rest of the year off for maternity leave. When January came, I cried and cried the day I had to go back to work and leave her. She stayed with my mom for a couple months and then went to a day care that was right on our school campus. But, I didn't care- I missed her so much. 
Eric, being the good guy he is, saw how miserable I was and we talked about me quitting. I did not renew my contract that year. When Delaney was 9 months old, I found out I was pregnant with Brody, so yeah, good move not working (for me).
7 months pregnant with Brody on our way to Denver!

Of course sacrifices have been made due to having one income. I've tried everything you can think of to bring in some money. I'm talking baking cakes, medical transcription, Avon, etc. I recently just 'retired' from selling jewelry. It was a great business and I did pretty well with it, but do to unforeseen issues, I felt it best to quit. I have been searching for the right thing. I have been searching for something that I can believe in, something I can be passionate about, something that is doable. And I have found it.

I needed a story- I needed a believable, duplicatable story and I found it. Bonnie, from House of Grace, showed me that I could do it. She's a mini- van driving, stay- at- home mom of multiple kids and she is very successful in her home based business. When I emailed her and asked her questions about the business, she was honest, open and supportive.

So here I am.... I made the decision to become a Shaklee distributor. I sincerely love the products. Keeping my family healthy is a priority. I make my own hours, I set my own goals and I have a ton of support.

So what. right? Why do you care how I came about this decision? I don't know, all I know is that if you are sitting there contemplating a home based business but have all these excuses in your head- know that I had them too. 


Excuses:

"I have no time"- I have a 4 year old, a three year old, a 13 year old step-son, a 16 year old step-daughter, a husband, 2 dogs, a big family, a house and the need to shower daily:) I am busy too. I have found ways to work my business. I scheduled time to work the business (naps, after the kids went to bed, when Eric got home from work)























"I am not a salesman"- Yeah, I taught kindergartners. Little kids and I get along just fine. I speak their language.They believe whatever their teachers say. Now, I am at home with my kids all day- all I have to sell them on is how awesome Curious George is and that juice is not allowed after the sun goes down (they bought both of those btw) You don't need to be a salesman- you need to have passion for helping people- the products sell themselves.


"I don't have the money"- I didn't the have the money. Eric was flabbergasted that I was even entertaining the thought, but ya know what? You do what you need to do if it's important to you. I knew in my heart that this was the right decision. 


"I don't know enough people"- do you have a couple friends? a doctor? a dentist? kid's teacher? work buddies? I could go on and on. You don't need to know a ton of people...make a list, I bet you come up with more than you think. 


"I don't know anything about the business"- let me be the first to tell you that I was TERRIFIED about signing up and then being left on my own. I may have a home based business, but the training and support provided is above and beyond! I have learned more about business and my own life in the last couple weeks than I have ever before. There is always someone to help you out- you are never alone!


If you are thinking about a home based business and are having reservations, trust me, I was there. I am BRAND new to Shaklee and am LOVING it. I love that I am helping people live healthier lives! I mean come on, who wouldn't want to do that! 


So, if you wanna join our awesome team or have questions PLEASE email me. Or if you know any one who would want an opportunity like this please let them know! 


Click on this link if you want to learn more....http://connect.shakleeuniversity.com/l35862241/?session=breez8ggpks2a89p93ksu

I will step off my soap box now.... and go play with my kids. 
Cuz I can:)
Yes, that's Delaney in a Belle dress riding her scooter



Don't forget to follow the blog (near the top right)
and follow A New Normal on Facebook







2 comments:

  1. With our modern technology, our virtual society has opened doors for everyone to make money online. When you want to become a freelancer, there are many choices for you. You only need to find the right one that suits your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and informative blog is this. Kindly keep going on
    work from home

    ReplyDelete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?