On Friday, one of my best friends turned 30. Laura and I met in high school, stayed friends through the stupid boyfriends (there were some stinkers), living together, babies, and when she moved away. She is back now and I am SO EXCITED!!! To celebrate her 30th, we went to Chuy's for some margs and then where else? The Cactus Moon!!! Not only were we going out to celebrate her birthday with her, but Eric and I got to go dancing and my mom kept the kids ALL NIGHT!! Now here's the thing, back in the day, going out was different.I could handle my alcohol, I tried to wear shirts to make my boobs look huge, I could swing and not be so disoriented by a strobe light, I could make it home without passing out (sometimes). I realized last night that not only am I a "mommy" but I am also not 21 anymore. Here are some things I thought about today:
Me, Laura, Courtney (I love being the fat friend:)
1. When getting dressed, I did not look for the shirt that made my boobs look big. Instead, I went for comfort and warmth (it gets cold in the bars).
2. After ONE margarita, I was super happy and my ears were getting hot.
3. At the bar, I kept looking at my phone, to make sure that my mom didn't call about the kids. Before, I would have been looking to see if maybe Eric called or to see how much longer the bar was open.
4. After like 2 beers, I was 'drunk nicole'. For those that don't know me, that's the fun me! In the good ol days, 2 beers was a warm up. Oh how proud I am making my parents right now.
5. Eric and I danced all night... during a country swing song, I had to stop, lean on my knees a little and catch my breath. Plus, the whole time all I kept thinking about was how sore I was going to be the next day.
6. I was bound and determined to stay as long as possible... but man, 2:00 is late! (We made it btw)
7. As soon as I sat down in the car, I was asleep.
8. Ok, Daddy, skip this one....... one would think, late night, no kids, drinking.... yada, yada, yada. Well. Eric and I were so excited to sleep for 6 unimterrupted hours, that's what we did SLEEP!!!!!!
9. This morning, I was super sore....dancing in heels is hard work.
10. Getting through the day after a night out- a little different with 2 kids screaming all day, but a good different.
So to sum it up, going out TOTALLY different now. I am not so young anymore and I am not even 30 yet! Oh well.... live and learn and then eat cake.
Here is my latest cake
Love ya Lo!