Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kaylie Marinda

Dear Kaylie,

Happy 15th birthday hon! It amazes me how fast time goes....I see it with the little kids, but it started with you. I remember one of the first times I met you. Daylen was standing at the front gate waiting to be picked up and you came over to meet him. You were in 3rd grade and it was spirit week. I remember this because you walked over with Whitney and you were twins. I think you were wearing a jean skirt, new shoes and a new shirt- so cute. I remember our wedding and how beautiful you looked and I remember thinking how lucky I was.

I have such big dreams for you. I hope that you love high school. It was a BLAST for me and I will always have those memories. I met 2 of my best friends in high school. I hope that you treat yourself right. I hope that you find yourself and what you are looking for and never look back. I hope that you find a couple friends (which you may already have) that will stick with you for life....even through all the crap that will come. You need true friends that will 'slap you across the face' sometimes, ones that will hold you accountable for your actions and tell you when you are being stupid. I hope that one day you understand how much Delaney and Brody love you and miss you terribly when you are not here. I hope that you will always have a relationship with them. I hope that you realize how much your dad and I love you and will ALWAYS be here for you. I know I am not your mom, and I would never try to be, but I am married to your dad and have only your best interest at heart. I hope one day that we have a relationship that other 'step families' are jealous of. I hope that you listen to your heart and don't settle. I think about a year from now when you are driving and I know that we will see even less of you. so I hope that you will want to come visit. I hope that you dream big and never forget that no matter what happens, you will always have your family. Always.

I know that if you are reading this it's because someone told you to, but I know that the chances of that are slim.... so I hope one day, you get curious and check our family blog and click on your name and read it. We may not have the best relationship in the world, but I do love you and will always hope for more....

Happy Birthday Kaylie.

Love,

Nicole

The Mikkelson girls


Kaylie and Brody


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post!
    I am a step mother to a 11 year old. I met him when he was 2 and married his father not much after that.
    It is so hard for me to express to him my love for him. I hope I show and treat him that I love him as much as my own child.
    Being a step parent is difficult. Finding our place is difficult. But the most important thing we can do is love them.

    ReplyDelete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?