Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Pasta







I love finding a new meal that everyone likes. This my friends, is tasty. If you like spinach artichoke dip (my entire mouth fills with saliva as I say it) then you will love this. 


Here are the necessary parts:



  • 1- 12 oz box of pasta- bow tie is my fav
  • 1 tsp. butter
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1- 14 oz can artichoke hearts (in water, not oil), drain em and chop em
  • 10 oz chopped, frozen spinach, thawed- make sure to get as much water out as possible
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions:

  • Cook pasta as directed.
  • In a medium sauce pan on MEDIUM heat (trust me, medium) melt butter and garlic cook about 30 seconds
  • Add cream cheese, stir until melted
  • Slowly stir in milk, then add sour cream, lemon juice, salt and red pepper flakes
  • Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, and Parmesan cheese
  • Drain pasta, add sauce to pasta and eat up!
We had some Caesar salad with this and it was perfect. The littles even liked it!

Oh and check this out....this is one of my "DUH why have I not thought of this before" moments.....

First, get an ice cube tray or two. Then fill it with lemonade....watch some Friends while they freeze. Take a mason jar (okay it doesn't really have to be a mason jar, a regular boring glass works just as well) fill it with the frozen lemonade ice cubes, then pour iced tea over the lemonade cubes. Bam! Instant Arnold Palmer. Yummy. 


I like to use my Cinch tea...it gives me an extra boost of energy without making me feel like I am on crack! Always a plus! 

What do you like to drink to cool off?

Don't forget to follow A New Normal on Facebook!


Btw....if you are interested AT ALL in Shaklee, I highly recommend that you spend one hour watching the awesome webinar! Just click on the picture below, register and when the time comes, log on! It's that simple! It's TONIGHT at 9:00 pm CENTRAL TIME!! 

                       



1 comment:

  1. That looks seriously good -- and i love the lemonade ice cube idea. I'm thinking maybe you should make the whole dinner and then drive it up the road to my house :)

    ReplyDelete

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?