Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Orange Julius Baby!




We LOVE Orange Julius. I remember when I was younger, we'd go to the mall, you know, with our jeans pegged and our aweosome hyper-color shirts and to be cool, you'd get a Orange Julius. Now, times have changes a bit. Number one, my hyper color shirts don't fit and two, we are on a budget! Luxuries such as the Julius, are just that, a luxury. I recently remembered that my mom had given me an Orange Julius recipe (she used to make them a lot when we were little) so I went on a hunt for it. Turns out, it was in my recipe book! Yay me! I wanted something orange because we were watching the Lorax and I thought it would be fun. I made these and the kids sucked them right down. So they are not so healthy.... it's not like I give it to them as juice daily. All I know is, they are yummy.


Here's what ya need!

  • 6 oz of frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 10ish ice cubes (you'll figure out the consisteny you want it to be)
Throw it all in a blender and turn that sucker on. When finished, pour into a rad cup, slip on a hyper color shirt and LA Gear jeans and enjoy!


My rad cup just happens to be a Mickey Mouse cup with a polka dot straw. 

Don't forget to follow A New Normal on Facebook!

And you can get my posts delivered to you email! Just enter your email below!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner




No comments:

Post a Comment

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?